A harmonious home or office design contributes to the well-being of occupants and increases productivity in a work space. Hence by ensuring a good flow of energy in and around the house or office, one can live and work better.
A building or a dwelling that is not very harmonious or which emanates bad energy fields magnifies the ill effects on the occupants, causing various problems including ill health. It is also said to disturb the aura of the person leading to sickness and low self-esteem. In the analysis of a building’s structure, two energy sources are taken into consideration that have an impact on the occupants. The first is the solar energy flux and the second is the geomagnetic energy flux. Any imbalance between the directions or the flow of energy creates a negative energy, resulting in a bad environment, thereby creating disharmony among the people living or working in that space.
For energy to flow powerfully, and for your space to support your mental and emotional well-being, the clutter must be cleared. The key is not just eliminating clutter from your environment, but from your mind and heart too. If you experience a situation where you are plagued by inconsistency in your thoughts and actions and suffer from a lack of concentration, then feng shui for your mind is essential. It could improve the situation.
Building a structure strictly in line with the principles of Vaastu or Feng Shui is easier said than done. However, one could get over the defects by looking for key areas and identifying a fairly acceptable and aesthetically pleasing correction.
Based on influencing the flow of chi or energy through your building and other aspects of your environment, Feng Shui principles align energy patterns with the healing forces of nature. The result is a harmonious space that lays the foundation for emotional, spiritual, and physical health. In the practice of feng shui, your first impressions as you enter a home, workplace or even a room are very important. By crossing a threshold, you enter a new environment or another world. You experience particular qualities, moods, and presences, both visible and invisible, and those conditions influence our lives.
To attract the best Vaastu and Feng Shui energy to support your creative activities, you could follow these simple tips:
- Place in a metal urn filled with water some fresh flowers towards the North or East of your home or office.
- Create a personal space for your creative pursuits – and, if you wish to spend time on meditation or have an altar, look for a quiet spot, which gives you a feeling of comfort.
- Have bright vibrant wall colours specific to the compass direction and orientation of your building.
- Bring in natural elements like plants, natural light, crystals, murals or small riverbed rocks and stones in your living and common areas.
- Activate the water element with flowing water features to create a feeling of serenity and tranquillity.
- Usher in strong blocks of movement through artifacts, paintings and music.