- 1/2 honeydew melon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lime
- 14 ounce can coconut cream
- 1/2 cup spiced rum
- Peel and deseed the honeydew. Chop and freeze fruit for at least 4 hours. If fruit is not frozen, you must add additional ice.
- To make simple syrup, combine lime pee, sugar and water in small sauce pan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Swirl pan to help combine and remove from heat as soon as syrup has formed. Cool entire mixture with lime peel in refrigerator.
- In a large blender, combine juice from remaining lime, frozen honeydew, simple syrup with lime peel removed, and all of the coconut crème. Add rum, and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Garnish with unsweetened coconut flakes, if desired.
You can subscribe to the Print Edition of the magazine for just S$48 for the whole year (save 20% off the retail price if you order online)..